|insolate did pasta con verdure e salsiccia||
Recipe Type: entree
A delightful farfalle with grilled sausage, eggplant, and zucchini..
- 1 1/2 pounds farfalle (bow-tie shaped pasta)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large eggplant, sliced widthwise into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 11/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves, torn
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente; drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare a charcoal grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas). Grill sausage, eggplant and zucchini until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side for sausage, and 2 minutes per side for vegetables. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Finely chop together sausage and vegetables. Add mixture to pasta and toss to combine. Add tomatoes and basil, drizzle with oil and toss together once more. Season generously with salt and pepper.